Scryfall provides a REST-like API for ingesting our card data programatically. The API exposes information available on the regular site in easy-to-consume formats.
The API is available at
API requests are only served over HTTPS, using TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2. Requests will not be honored over plaintext HTTP.
The API uses UTF-8 character encoding for all responses. Many fields will include characters that are not in the ASCII range.
Rate Limits and Good Citizenship
We kindly ask that you insert 50 – 100 milliseconds of delay between the requests you send to the server. (i.e., 10 requests per second on average).
We encourage you to cache the data you download from Scryfall or process it locally in your own database, at least for 24 hours. While we make incremental updates to card data daily, take note that:
- We only update prices for cards once per day. Fetching card data more frequently than 24 hours will not yield new prices.
- Updates to gameplay data (such as card names, Oracle text, mana costs, etc) are much less frequent. If you only need gameplay information, downloading card data once per week or right after set releases would most likely be sufficient.
Submitting excessive requests to the server may result in a
HTTP 429 Too Many Requests status code.
Continuing to overload the API after this point may
result in a temporary or permanent ban of your IP address.
Use of Scryfall Data
Scryfall provides our card data and image database free of charge for the primary purpose of creating additional Magic software, performing research, or creating community content (such as videos, set reviews, etc) about Magic and related products.
When using Scryfall data, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- You may not use Scryfall logos or use the Scryfall name in a way that implies Scryfall has endorsed you, your work, or your product.
- You may not require any payment in exchange for access to Scryfall data.
- You may not use Scryfall data to create new games, or to imply the information and images are from any other game besides Magic: The Gathering.
Please also review our image guidelines.