Terms of Service
These are the Terms of Service for using Scryfall. You must read these terms and agree to them before creating a Scryfall account or joining our chat rooms. If you do not agree with these terms, you may not register for Scryfall or join our chat rooms.
We’re going to use some shorthand to make this easier to read: When we say “Scryfall” we mean the Scryfall website, API, chat bots, chat rooms, and other related services. When we say “we” or “us” we mean Scryfall, LLC, a United States company. When we say “content”, “your content”, or “post” we mean any information you submit or store on Scryfall services, including account names, deck information, and chat messages.
We may modify these terms at any time. We’ll try not to, but just know that we can change these terms at any time. If the changes are material, we’ll let you know by email or by posting a notice before the changes go into effect. The notice will designate a reasonable amount of time after which the new terms will go into effect for all users. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you may delete your account and stop using Scryfall. If you do not delete your account or do not stop using Scryfall within the the notice period, your content and use of the site will be subject to the new Terms of Service going forward.
You must follow these rules for acceptable use. These rules protect you and others on Scryfall from disruptive and toxic behavior.
Scryfall is for people ages 13 and up. You may not use Scryfall if you are under the age of 13. If you believe that someone under the age of 13 is using Scryfall, please contact us immediately.
Scryfall is not for advertising, trades, or sales. Scryfall is about playing Magic: The Gathering and discussing Magic: The Gathering. Scryfall does not facilitate sales or trades between players.
- You may not use Scryfall to sell, offer, advertise, or trade any products or services, including Magic cards
- You may not post content purely for the purpose of advertising your clan, guild, team, club, store, company, or enterprise.
- You may not post political advertisements or political statements on Scryfall.
- You may not scrape Scryfall or solicit information from Scryfall users for the purposes of recruitment, head-hunting, or job boards.
Scryfall is not a platform for bigotry or harassment. Scryfall strives to provide a welcoming community of people who collaborate on everything Magic.
- You may not distribute anyone’s personal information or photograph without their consent
- You may not harass, abuse, threaten, or incite violence towards any individual or group.
- You may not inflict unwelcome sexual attention or sexual advances on other users.
- You may not disparage any group of people based on age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, sexual identity, or sexual orientation.
Scryfall is “PG-13”. Scryfall is not for mature content or mature discussions.
- You may not post content showing exposed breasts, exposed genitalia, or body fluids
- You may not post content where the primary focus is sexual activity
- You may not post excessively violent content or gore
- You may not post content where the primary focus is guns, ammunition, or other weapons
- You may not post content where the primary focus is drugs or controlled substances
- An exception is made to the above rules for blood and gore when the content is Magic card artwork and Magic fan art.
Scryfall is not a platform for crime or deception.
- You may not host pirated or stolen content on Scryfall. You may only post content that you own or created or have the license to use.
- You may not use Scryfall to offer counterfeit gaming materials or instruct others on how to create them.
- You may not impersonate anyone on Scryfall, especially Scryfall staff, DCI Judges, or Wizards of the Coast employees
- You may not use Scryfall to distribute computer malware or to operate “command and control” tools.
You may not interfere with Scryfall’s operation.
- You may not attempt to gain access to another user’s account
- You may not attempt to disrupt or tamper with Scryfall’s servers or services
- You may not place undue burden on Scryfall through the use of automated means
You will maintain ownership of your Scryfall account. Your Scryfall account belongs to you alone, and it is not shareable or transferable.
- You may not register a Scryfall account with the intent to broadly share access to it with others or make it intentionally insecure, open, or “generic”.
- You may not sell, trade, or transfer ownership of your Scryfall account to another person.
Failure to comply has consequences. If you fail to adhere to these guidelines for acceptable use, we may (but do not have to) take any of the following actions:
- We may issue you a warning
- We may eject you from Scryfall-owned chatrooms.
- We may suspend or delete your account
- We may restrict your future access to our services
- We many report any illegal activities to your internet service provider or appropriate law enforcement authorities
Scryfall is the final arbiter for these rules. The Scryfall team may have to take actions or make decisions about acceptable behavior that lie outside of these guidelines to protect Scryfall or other users. You agree that the Scryfall team is the final arbiter of appropriate behavior on our services and we reserve the right to suspend anyone’s access to Scryfall for any reason, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
You can report abuse to the Scryfall team. You may confidentially report instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior to the Scryfall team by contacting us.
You can register for a Scryfall account. If you do, the information in this section applies to you. Please ready it carefully.
One account per person and one account per team/company. You may at most operate one personal account on Scryfall. If you represent a particular company or team, you may create another professional account for your company or team, but only one.
We store your personal information. In order to open an account, you will need to provide us with some information, including a username, display name, and email address. This information does not need to be your legal name. We store your personal information in the United States.
Your email address is private. We will never share your account email with any advertisers or our affiliates. However, we may need to send you critical emails from time to time in order to notify you about changes to Scryfall or your account.
Your username and display name are public. They may be visible to other people who use Scryfall.
You still own your content. You retain ownership of all content you post on Scryfall. However, by posting your content, you grant Scryfall a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to access, use, and display your content. We use this license to operate Scryfall services. We display and retransmit your content, and we may store it redundantly on computer hardware. This license ends when you delete the material or your account.
You can delete your account at any time. If you do, Scryfall will remove all information we have about you, including your account details, your settings, your comments, and your decks. Please note that once you delete an account, all of that information will be unrecoverable, even by Scryfall administrators.
Scryfall is bound by the law. We may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with the law or legal process, protect or defend our rights or property, or the rights or property of others. If we must disclose your personal information in order to comply with the law or legal process, we will notify you as soon as we are able to.
This section outlines how payments work for pro and beta features.
Scryfall offers paid services. Subscribers are granted access to features only available to paying customers. The list of features and tiers are available at scryfall.com/pricing.
There are multiple ways to pay. You may opt to pay for services using a credit or debit card, when available. Your subscription may also be paid as part of a patronage or other related account on a third party website such as Patreon, when available. Such scenarios will be clearly communicated on your account settings.
Payment happens in advance. If you agree to a subscription price, it will be your price until your change or cancel your plan. By subscribing to a plan, you authorize Scryfall to charge your card on file or check your patronage each month. Payments are made in advance (you pay for the next upcoming period of service). New customers will be charged immediately for their first month of service.
Payments are not refundable. If you cancel your subscription, downgrade your plan, delete your account, or have your access restricted for violating our rules, no partial refunds will be issued for any unused features or unused months of service. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made to this policy.
Gratis accounts exist at Scryfall’s pleasure. Your subscription may be provided for free by the Scryfall team. This scenario will be clearly communicated on your account settings. Free accounts of this nature are provided for as long as we deem our relationship with you beneficial. We may cancel your gratis account subscription at any time for any reason.
We store payment information off-site. Scryfall stores credit and debit card information with our payment processor, Stripe. Scryfall stores our patron information with Patreon.
This section outlines some of the privacy concerns you may have about Scryfall and provides a transparent notice about some of our activities.
Scryfall uses “cookies”. Scryfall has features that require us to remember your preferences and identify who is logged in to our services. We use a combination of browser cookies and your browser’s local storage to track this information. If you no longer want this information your device, you may clear your browser cache.
Scryfall uses Google Analytics to collect statistical data. When you use Scryfall, we collect data such as your public IP address, your browser version (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc), your operating system (macOS, Windows, iPhone, etc), the size of your screen, your country, and your system language. We also collect anonymous behavior data: For example, we keep track of which buttons and links people click to get around on the site and how often they come back. We collect this information so that we can make better decisions about how to improve Scryfall. We never sell this information to any other company.
Scryfall bots listen to your channels. If you install Scryfall’s chat bots on your server, the bots listen to your channels to determine if they need to respond to a message. Messages are sent to Scryfall’s servers for automated inspection. Scryfall does not permanently store messages that we receive.
Scryfall is not designed for extreme secrecy or anonymity. We do our best to protect your data and our services. However, for your safety, please do not submit vitally secret, confidential, tactical, or life-threatening information to Scryfall. In addition, please do not install our chat bots on servers where information of that nature is discussed.
Limitation of Liability
This section limits our obligations to you.
Scryfall is provided “AS-IS”. We do our best to provide you a reliable and evolving service, but we may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of Scryfall, at any time, without notice.
Scryfall is provided on an “AS-AVAILABLE” basis. While we will do our best to avoid it, Scryfall may have downtime, outages, or periods of slow activity.
You use Scryfall at your own risk. You agree that Scryfall does not owe you any compensation for site outages, software bugs, inconveniences, or our failure to live up to any statement in this document. You further agree that you will not hold us liable for any losses, whether those be personal, financial, data, or competitive, arising from your use of Scryfall.
Price data is for informational purposes only. Scryfall may include information about the price of products or cards. Absolutely no guarantees are made for this information. See stores for final prices.
Card legality is provided for informational purposes only. Scryfall may include information about the tournament legality of cards. Absolutely no guarantees are made for this information. Please contact a local DCI Judge or Wizards of the Coast customer service for help with evaluating your deck for sanctioned events.
If you have questions or concerns about these terms, please don’t hesitate to contact us.