Legendary Planeswalker — Gideon
As long as it’s your turn, Gideon Blackblade is a 4/4 Human Soldier creature with indestructible that’s still a planeswalker.
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Gideon Blackblade during your turn.
+1: Up to one other target creature you control gains your choice of vigilance, lifelink, or indestructible until end of turn.
−6: Exile target nonland permanent.
Illustrated by Viktor Titov
- Not Legal
- Not Legal
Buy This Card
Images and Copy-paste
Notes and Rules Information for Gideon Blackblade:
- If an effect causes Gideon to lose all abilities during your turn, he’s still a Human Soldier creature and a Gideon planeswalker. (2019-05-03)
- If an Equipment becomes attached to Gideon while he’s a creature, it’ll become unattached during the next upkeep that isn’t yours. The same is true of any Auras that become attached to Gideon that can’t enchant a noncreature planeswalker. (2019-05-03)
- Any counters that are put on Gideon remain on him while he’s not a creature, even if they have no effect on a noncreature planeswalker. (2019-05-03)
- If damage that can’t be prevented is dealt to Gideon during your turn, that damage will have all applicable results: specifically, the damage is marked on Gideon (since he’s a creature) and that damage causes that many loyalty counters to be removed from him (since he’s a planeswalker). Even though he has indestructible, if Gideon has no loyalty counters on him, he’s put into his owner’s graveyard. (2019-05-03)
- You choose which ability the target creature gains as Gideon’s first loyalty ability resolves, not as you activate it. (2019-05-03)