Cleric of Life's Bond
Creature — Vampire Cleric
Whenever another Cleric enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 1 life.
Whenever you gain life for the first time each turn, put a +1/+1 counter on Cleric of Life’s Bond.
“No gods. Only each other.”
Illustrated by Andrey Kuzinskiy
- Not Legal
Buy This Card
Images and Data
Notes and Rules Information for Cleric of Life's Bond:
- An ability that triggers “whenever you gain life” triggers just once for each life-gaining event, no matter how much life you gain. (2020-09-25)
- Each creature with lifelink dealing combat damage causes a separate life-gaining event. For example, if two creatures you control with lifelink deal combat damage at the same time, a “whenever you gain life” ability will trigger twice. However, if a single creature you control with lifelink deals combat damage to multiple creatures, players, and/or planeswalkers at the same time (perhaps because it has trample or was blocked by more than one creature), the ability will trigger only once. (2020-09-25)
- If you gain an amount of life “for each” of something, that life is gained as one event and the ability will trigger only once. (2020-09-25)
- In a Two-Headed Giant game, life gained by your teammate won’t cause the ability to trigger, even though it caused your team’s life total to increase. (2020-09-25)
- An ability that triggers whenever you gain life “for the first time each turn” won’t trigger if you gain life during a turn before the permanent with that ability is on the battlefield, even if you gain life again later in the turn. (2020-09-25)