When Ashiok’s Erasure enters the battlefield, exile target spell.
Your opponents can’t cast spells with the same name as the exiled card.
When Ashiok’s Erasure leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to its owner’s hand.
Illustrated by Zezhou Chen
- Not Legal
Buy This Card
Images and Data
Notes and Rules Information for Ashiok's Erasure:
- The exiled spell isn’t countered, but it won’t resolve. This works against spells that can’t be countered. (2020-01-24)
- If Ashiok’s Erasure leaves the battlefield before its enters-the-battlefield ability has resolved, its last ability triggers and resolves with no effect, then its enters-the-battlefield ability exiles the target spell for the rest of the game. (2020-01-24)
- If there is no exiled card (perhaps because the exiled spell was a copy of a spell or was a commander spell that moved to the command zone in the Commander variant), or if the exiled card leaves exile somehow, Ashiok’s Erasure won’t stop players from casting spells. (2020-01-24)
- If Ashiok’s Erasure has exiled a split card, your opponents can’t cast a spell with the same name as either half of that card. (2020-01-24)
- If Ashiok’s Erasure has exiled an adventurer card, your opponents can’t cast spells with the same name as the creature, but may cast their Adventures. (2020-01-24)