Hello friends! Scryfall is adding API support for tracking if a card is available in etched foil or glossy treatments.
- API Card objects now have a
finishesattribute, which details if a card is available in
- Etched foil pricing will be reflecting in the pricing fields under
- EUR pricing for etched and glossy will be arriving later
- When Wizards of the Coast first printed etched foils, we created distinct Scryfall entries for some of these etched foils. We will begin collapsing these entries into their regular entries, marking the regular entry as available in
etched, and deleting the separate etched entry from our database.
- Because some stores may have multiple entries for a card if it is available in etched foil or glossy, we are adding a
tcgplayer_etched_idfield to card objects to indicate if the etched pricing for a card was pulled from a different product ID.
Deprecation Notice for Nonfoil and Foil Attributes
nonfoil top level properties on API card objects are now deprecated. Use the new
finishes field instead. These old fields will be removed on Nov 1, 2021.